Friday, July 23, 2021

Yoga Poses with Kitah Bet

Yoga Poses with Kitah Bet



This summer Kitah Bet started doing yoga with Morah Shterny! We learned different poses to stretch the different parts of our bodies. We did some plant poses like lotus pose, weeping willow and mountain pose.

Here Kitah Bet is sitting together in lotus pose, with their feet crossed and their palms on their knees.

We also learned many animal poses like downward dog, cat/cow, cobra, frog and butterfly.


This week the children each chose their favorite pose to do and told us a little bit about this pose and why they like it.

Tanner

“I’m doing downward dog

because I like doggies.”

Micah

“I’m doing cobra pose.

I like the noise that they say sssssss.”

Ada

“I like butterflies so

here’s a butterfly pose.” 

Sonya

“I like jumping like a frog.

This is frog pose.”

Shmuel

“I like butterflies!”

Adam

“I do the snake pose.

I like snakes a little bit.”

Avraham

“I like to jump like a frog.”

Annabelle

“I like to do this. It’s downward dog.”

Abe

“It’s downward dog pose.

It’s kind of like a cat 

with his bum in the air.”

Chana

“I like to jump like a frog.” 

Some children noted how their body felt when they did that pose:


Delilah

“I feel a stretch in my leg.”

Danielle

“Downward dog is my favorite pose.

I feel the exercise in my belly.” 

And some children put their own creative twist on a classic pose:


Itai

“I like to do backwards dog.

I put one foot up.” 

Eli

“I’m doing downward

dog with one hand up.”

Kitah Bet enjoyed moving their bodies, listening to calm music and getting a good stretch during our Yoga classes this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment