Thursday, November 23, 2017

It's Always the Same, (and That's a Good Thing!)

We're Thankful for Our Family, Friends and Our Stuff
(Whether we're three-years-old, or four, or even much, much older.)

(Above:  Kitah Gimmel, all of us, all together.)
 (Above:  Morah Susan's child-friendly Thanksgiving table, awaiting the youngest grandchildren.  Below:  Taking a walk in Mason Mill Park on Thanksgiving Day, just enjoying the neighborhood. Morahs are grateful for their families, and for the more material aspects of life, too.)
     Last week, we asked each child individually,  "What are you thankful for?"  Some of the Kitah Gimmelniks answered right away.  A few children needed time to think.  Some of us needed a further explanation of the question:  what are you happy about, here at school or at home?
    Morahs like to share with Morahs.  So when I told another teacher, "It's always the same answers.  The children are thankful for mommy and daddy and their toys."
    Of course, it's true.  It's also true for adults.  And it is a good thing.  It's a Jewish concept, too, to be grateful for our relationships, as well as for all our bounties.
    What were the children's responses?  What are we thankful for?
Avraham Chaim:  trucks.
Annabel:  playing with Benjamin, Lilly, Mommy and Daddy.
Asher:  my baby sister.
Ben:  toys.
Dalia:  my Mommy and Daddy are here everyday, and I'm happy to be here with my friends.
Eli L:  chocolate in the car, and Mommy and Daddy.
Eli S:  my Mommy and Daddy.
Eliza:  playing house with Dalia, and playing with my brother.
Emmett:  my doggies Bean and Lucy.
Ezra:  my Baca and Grammys came to my house because I have a baby!
Gabi:  eating challah..
Harper:  my birthday coming up, for my sister and me.
Leah:  chocolate in my backpack.
Logan:  my sister Hannah.
Maddy:  playing at my home.
Menny:  Hashem.
Rafi:  playing with my brothers and Mommy and Daddy.
Shane:  Ruby, my Mommy and Daddy and Grams.
Shayan:  playing with my Mommy and Daddy.
Sylvia:  my baby brother.
Enjoy the Thanksgiving Weekend, and Shabbat Shalom!
The Kitah Gimmel Morahs, and all the grateful Kitah Gimmel Yeledim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment