Monday, November 21, 2016

An Attitude of Gratitude by KDH

An attitude of gratitude is what we foster in IJP. Every day we begin tefilla, singing Modeh Ani, thanking Hashem for our neshama and "giving us another day." Giving tzedakah every morning also reminds us of how fortunate we are to be able to help others.



Of course, while preparing for Thanksgiving we focus a little more on being thankful. We asked all the children,what they feel thankful for.

I’m Thankful for…

Ari Effron:  my friends.

Ari Shacham: my whole body

Casssie: My mom,she gives me presents, we go out to dinner and picking acorns.

Dovid: My mom and my dad, my babies, my brother, my birthday, my house and the Torah.

Freeda:  my baby brother.

Hannah: my birthday.

Henia: the Torah. I love it!

Izzy: my cousins.

Levi: the Torah.

Max: my brother.

Noa: my cousins.

Pearl: my mother and father. They give me treats when they go away and come back home.

Reed: my sister.

Ruth: hugs with my mommy.

Sam: my house.

Shaya: my house.

Yoni: my toys.


We wrote each child's comment on a "feather." Each child then drew a picture of what he/she told us, and cut out the feather.





Finally, we put it all together:

Our Thankful Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!


Morah Ruth
Morah Sara
Morah Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment