Wednesday, September 11, 2013

KDH's Choices



KDH welcomes our parent surprise readers. A few days ago, Morah Esti, Dovi's mom came and read to us the book, Two Kings. The story as Jonah reminded us yesterday is about a boy David who is using the family computer to play games. His sister needs to use it for school work. She asks him to let her use it. David hears two voices inside his head (the two kings). The good one tells him to let his sister use the computer. The bad king tries to convince David otherwise.

As part of our exploration of  Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, of beginning anew and trying to make good choices we continued our discussion. So, what do KDH children think about this?

Motty: This is your Yetzer Horah and Yetzer Hatov (bad and good inclinations). Listen to your Yetzer Hatov!
Dovi: Read the Torah and give tzedakah.
Luba: Listen to your teacher and be quiet when she is speaking is a good choice.
Theo: Be good, like sharing.
Max: When it is time to go inside, I will line up.
Eden: When my mom tells me it is quiet time, I will go.
Sholom: When I am playing a game and I don't want to stop and my mother asks me to stop I will stop playing.
Alex: I will bring Mia things from upstairs.
Mia: I do Shabbat. I help Mommy put things on the table.
Felix: I shared the chestnut with the class that my father found.
Menny: I will clean up my toys when my mother tells me to.

We all struggle to make correct choices. These suggestions from KDH can inspire all of us.

Morah Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment