Wednesday, September 21, 2016

FEELING SAD by KDH

We read two more books as part of our continuing All About Me exploration. 
I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
I Like Me by Nancy Carlson. 

Both books are written in first person. The voice in I Like Myself is of a girl who tells us that she likes herself inside and outside, no matter what she may do or look like. It is in rhyme, which makes it fun to read together, as we strengthen our pre-reading skills. In I Like Me an exuberant pig tells us that she likes herself all the time even if she makes a mistake. What caught our interest was her reaction to feeling sad. She makes a tea party with her friends and feels happier. 

We asked the class,"What do you do to feel better when you are sad?" "What do you think about to feel happier?" To begin the discussion, I told them that I think about all the wonderful things that Hashem has given me that I am thankful for. I think about my family. I think about IJP. I think about how much I like to come each day and be with them. I think about working with Morah Sara. 
All of the children had something to tell us that they do or think about to chase away sad emotions. 
Ari Shacham: I think about how much I love my baby.
Pearl:  I think about my parents, Bubby and Zeidy.
Levi: I think about how much I love the whole wide world, my baby and my Tatty and Mommy.
Shaya: I play with blocks and feel better.
Dovid: I think of how good the whole world is.
Cassie: I play with my stuffed animals especially my penguins and feel happy.
Ari Effron: I think about how much I love my dog.
Freeda: I am excited for my new baby. That makes me very happy.
Noa: I play with my brother and am happy.
Hannah: I think about how much I love my big sister.
Ruth: I play outside and feel good.
Henia: I love my dollies. That makes me happy.
Izzy: I love my Dad and I am thankful for him.
Yoni: I love birthdays, my grandma and my Nana.
Sam: I love to sleep.
Max: I love my bed!
Reed: I think about how much I love my Mommy!

It's okay to feel sad sometimes. But, it's impressive what the KDH children do to "chase away the blues."

Morah Ruth
Morah Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment