Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bye-Bye and Old School . . .


Bye-Bye, Kitah Gimmel


     We loved being in Kitah GimmelWe had a great time, having fun and learning with our friends.  Our school is special:  a nurturing, family-oriented place designed for children to grow, develop and have the best of times.  Here are some of our comments:

My favorite part was:
  Ari E: playing family with friends,
  Sam:  looking at the ants,
  Ari S:  yoga.
 
I liked:
  Shaya:  playing with stickers,
  Rami:  the flowers,
  Reed:  playing with Lego,
  Shlomit:  to play with Kitah Gimmel,
  Hannah:  playing outside,
  Levi:  everything!

I didn't like:
  Henia:  the pollen, there's pollen on the playground,
  Leiba:  our ants are in a cage,
  Noa:  playing with Play-doh,
  Ruthie:  playing tag on the playground,

I remember:
  Pearl:  looking at the garbage truck!

The best part was:
  Yoni:  when I played with friends,
  Izzy:  when it was my first time at IJP


     (And, as a bonus, I am including a pic of my old, very old, school.  It's P.S. 64 in New York City.  My father went to this same school before me.  It was down the block from our apartment, and everyone in the neighborhood walked to school.  Why am I including it here?  My school was very B-I-G and the structure may not seem inviting.  Yet we felt like a community because the teachers were caring and the children learned to reach out to each other.  Sounds familiar?  Physically, the two schools are very different: IJP is beautiful, relatively small and very sweet. However, that sense of community, safety and growth is the same.  So sweet!)

     We've had a wonderful year--now go and have a wonderful summer!

  Morah Susan and Morah Yael

No comments:

Post a Comment