Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's a Mitzvah in KG

During Circle time we discussed the upcoming special day of Lag Baomer, the 33rd day during the counting of the Omer.  We heard about Rabbi Akiva, who teaches us that it is NEVER too late to study Torah or any new subject, and anyone who puts their mind to something can get it done.  This was illustrated with the story of the water creating a hole in the rock. Drip drop drip drop, each day...

 Lag Baomer is the day when Rabbi Akiva's students stopped being unkind to each other, they were busy learning Torah the whole day that they forgot to pay attention to each other and take care of their friends. They were all super smart and academic, but forgot about the people around them.  This is a big lesson for us to learn from. 
We read the book    it's a...It's a...It's a Mitzvah
                                       Written by Liz Suneby Diane Heiman

Then The children were asked which Mitzvah they love to do:
Libi: Give Tzedakah.
Josie: Giving to my friends.
Amitai: Make sure to share.
Mia: Play with Anika.
Mina: To feed my baby Liba.
Kemp: Give things to someone.
Ziva: Help my sister to get drink.
Cassidy: Hug my mom.
Eli: Help Beker when he is in danger.
Perly: Share my toys with everyone and share my food with Bryna at home.
Adaya: Love people.
Laylah: Kiss my Mommy.
Bryna: Help my mommy with laundry  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment