Friday, April 12, 2013

Lines Lines Here and There and Everywhere

During small group time I noticed that many of the children in the group were forming lines, lines, lines with the assortment of manipulatives.  Lines are such a basic part of the structure of the environment around us, so I was curious where else they have noticed lines? Making connections is an integral part of the learning process,  what kind of connections  could we make with lines outside of our classroom? Without any hesitation and some with thought, here are some responses, 

Dov:" Marta trains are a line"
Nadav:"Bees, Zebra & Cheetah have lines, baskets have lines too"
Felix :" i have silver lines on my clothes "
Motty " on my roof I have a line"
Nina: 'I don't have lines in my bathroom , i have diamonds" 
Luba:" I have strips on my tights not lines, oh yeah! its lines!"






Morah Estee

No comments:

Post a Comment