Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Conversation About the Dead Sea


As the children in Kitah Alef Bet grow and grow, and gain new language and conversational skills, the comments during our daily Circle Time have become richer and more expressive.

Many of the books we have read, such as Ella's Trip to Israel and It's Israel's Birthday!, describe the salty, muddy atmosphere of the Dead Sea, and what it feels like to float and swim in it.

This prompted the following exchange among the children:

Libi: "I can swim by myself."
Cassidy: "I don't like salty water."
Josie: "I can swim by myself. I like the salty water!"
Libi: "I love the beach."
Asher: "I got water in my nose!"
Libi: "I don't like water in my nose."

It is wonderful to watch the development of their vocabulary and social skills! They listen to each others' comments, think, and make connections to themselves and their own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment