Thursday, September 6, 2012

What Makes Kitah Daled Hey Happy?



As part of KDH’s discussion of All About Me and My Friends, we asked the children, “What makes you feel happy?  Each child was “interviewed” by him/herself so that their responses would reflect their own ideas, not what they heard others say in class. After they all responded we talked about their thoughts at circle time. 
What makes KDH children feel happy?




Mendel Sollish told us, “When people are nice to me, I feel happy.”
Theo wanted to talk about what he does to make others feel happy. He said,” I make Jules happy by making funny jokes at him.”
Menny answered, “ I am happy when I am playing boat.”
Benjamin responded, “Being with my Daddy makes me happy. He is gone so much.”
Nessia contributed that she feels happy, “when I am doing something I like, for example coloring.”
Einav replied,” I feel happy when I share stuff with my big sister.”
AmaraLia joyously told us, “I feel happy on sunny days!”
Esther surprised Morah Ruth when she said, “I feel happy looking at you, Morah Ruth!” Wow, that response made Morah Ruth feel happy.
Ari smiled and said, “I am happy when I play with my baby sister.”
Kira agreed with that thought, “I am happy when I am with my baby, Mickey.”
Mendel Treitel chimed in, “Playing with my Levi makes me happy.
Isaac contributed, “I am happy when I play with my toys and I love my Daddy and Mommy!”

These thoughts will be the basis for continuing discussion of what makes us happy and how we try to make others happy. This is social emotional development. We think about this even more than usual at Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur time. We pray for a Good New Year for ourselves and everyone else too! We wish all those around us a Shana Tova and give more tzedakah than usual. Kitah Daled Hey is writing cards to grandparents sending them good wishes. We KNOW that receiving these cards will surely bring them joy!

By Morah Ruth - KDH

No comments:

Post a Comment