Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Extended Day-We Love Leaves

Inspired by all of the beautiful and colorful leaves on our playground and everywhere, we read "Leaf Man" by Lois Ehlert, in Extended Day. This book took us on a wonderful adventure of a Leaf Man that went on a journey as the wind blew.  The children were enthralled as the book told us about the different places and stops that Leaf Man made. After reading the book, we had a discussion on leaves and then made our own leaf pictures.

Here are the comments from the children:

Jonah: Leaves are orange, red, and sometimes purple and pink or brown.
Luba: I like to jump in the leaves.
Jonah: We can make big piles and jump in wit my sisters. If its big enough, my mom and dad can jump in too!
Alex: I want to put a chair and some blocks in the leaves and play with them.
Freeda: I like leaves.
Max:   I like to jump in them, but I've never tried it. I would like to try
Mina: I think they will all fall on me and I will grab them.











Jonah said, "Mine is an alien. It has arms and jet pack feet!"






The best part of today was jumping and playing in the leaves!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment